The Integrated Field-Scale Subsurface Research Challenge sites provide capabilities to collect, permit and ship environmental samples of different types to other ERSD investigators and provide site access to those interested in testing specific concepts or technologies/techniques relevant to the study of subsurface contaminant fate and transport. The following specific ways are available:Participation in Rifle IFC Field or Lab Experiments Conducting Specific Analyses or Field Measurements:
- Add value to IFC and address DOE needs
- Collaborator provides own funding
- Must be planned well in advance to be included in Experimental Plan
- Coordination with PI required to avoid duplication of effort.
Example Science Needs for the Rifle IFC:
- Groundwater organic carbon fractions
- Sedimentary structure and architecture
- Sediment geochemical properties
- Alternate electron donors
- Sampling techniques that preserve sedimentary structures.
- Groundwater and sediments routinely available
- Materials are low hazard
- Protocols for sample acceptance and disposal must be followed
- Research aligned with ERSP goals.